2014 Bucket List

Home Forums Online Lodge 2014 Bucket List

This topic contains 36 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Perro Perro 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

What’s on your 2014 Bucket List? Mine is going to be a bucket and a half after the dismal 2013-14 waterfowl season. June or July salmon & halibut trip to Anchor Point, AK. July or Aug RV trip to Glacier, Waterton, Banff and Jasper “or” RV trip to Vancouver Island, BC for salmon. Late Aug RV trip to Winchester Bay, OR for rockcod, salmon and dungeness crabs. Nov trip to AB for deer, elk, moose…prolly my last trip there…it’s a young man’s game and I ain’t young anymore.

Profile photo of Yu
    Yu
    Participant

I want to see Perro in 2014.

He is getting old.

I want to see Lil Bill in 2014

even through the haze.

I want to see Cornbread and Cup in 2014

with all their remain parts.

I want see KJN

or hear him next to Bill.

Thad…. ok put him on the list as well, but in Esquina!

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

Make sure you call him for proper directions. Talk about a 3 hour tour! Was nice scenery though.

Profile photo of Thadp
    Thadp
    Participant

Funny Yu should mention Esquina….

Profile photo of 1Cup
    Anonymous

The 6 should ride again.

Profile photo of DU870
    DU870
    Participant

My 2014 bucket list- I want my kid to be healthy and happy and introduce him to the outdoors. I want to take him out and show him all sorts of critters, tree’s and anything and everything mother nature has to offer. I want/need to get a new job. My hotel is being bought and closed and the new management company runs a different kind of sales office. I wouldn’t mind getting a .410 and shooting a limit of green heads with it. If not green heads a limit of drake woodies. I want to shoot a P&Y buck with my bow. I want to take a waterfowl trip with Dad and Brother, somewhere where my Dad can shoot ducks in a corn field. Ducks and corn is on his buck list so I figure we can get 2 things out of the buckets with that trip.

Profile photo of Kjnlog
    Kjnlog
    Participant

First I gotta get me a bucket….

Profile photo of Kjnlog
    Kjnlog
    Participant

JC ole Bill and l will be hunting in Mo. in March iffin ya want stop by… :mrgreen:

Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Thanks for the invite Mike. I’ll check my schedule and the logistics of getting off the chartered seniors bus I’m booked on for a trip to Branson for the Golden Jubilee Country Western Festival.

Profile photo of Thadp
    Thadp
    Participant

Yes they should.

Profile photo of Yu
    Yu
    Participant

Profile photo of littleponderosa
    littleponderosa
    Participant

spring snows in MO followed by SD. oh yeah

I’m seriously overdue for an extended scooter ride. I’m going somewhere sometime. Looking at a loop either from Seattle down 101 again to lower CA, travel easterly in some fashion till I end up somewhere and slowly drift back northwest or north then west or who the hell knows. Maybe 10-12 days, just me I can average 750 a day relatively easily. So stopping off to see somebody for chow and hitting the road, should be around 6K.

Dam sure like to spend another day or two with my bro’s again in the blind. Anywhere. The hunts I’ve been on with ya have simply been memorable. And I’ve missed the entire gang.

I’m still lucky ’cause my friends accept my faults.

Bill

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

American Roadtrip II. May not be able to do the deal
    sat. at Reelfoot. Down to +7 Thurs. Lake hasn’t completly thawed from a few wks. back.

Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Guess there are only a few of us that have a bucket. KJN….when you finish mopping the floor you will have one.

Finalized plans for Alaska in late July. Fly to Anchorage, rendevouz w/ 3 CA amigos for the 4 hr drive to Anchor Point for 5 days salmon/halibut/ling cod fishing aboard the Dream Catcher. 2 days sightseeing on the Kenai Peninsula. Can’t wait!

Profile photo of Yu
    Yu
    Participant

I am headed to Stuttgart in 4 hours.

After that, ….

I know, I can’t tell you guys because you don’t have the proper security for it but suffice it to say I will have a great year no matter.

I can tell you I plan on adding two states to the hunted in category this year. I would like to say three but schedule does not line up with mi amigo numeral uno and Tennessee just plain scares me (even if I am holding the gun).

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

Come on you big chicken. What’s +5 deg. and 40mph. winds, -18 wind chill scare Yu?

Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Sad, very sad indeed! Appears lots of WFC buckets have holes in them.

Profile photo of Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

That’s ok JC — we have your pessimism to fill them 🙂

My bucket list for this year is simple. Fill the gravel sink-hole in the marsh where our water is escaping and then sink a well point and add a pump.

I’ll have water this season no matter what.

🙂

Profile photo of Emrduck
    Emrduck
    Participant

Wish we in California could say with any degree of certainty we will have water. Just had the worst duck season in my 74 years and really don’t know what to think for next year. I hear a lot of the rice farmers are going to let the fields go fallow and what ever water they are allocated sell and transfer to Southern California. Oh well, what the hell!

Profile photo of Webmaster
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Water has been an such an issue for us here in northern Illinois as well the past 5 seasons. In the 20-years I’ve been a partner on the marsh, the last 5 have been been horrible on water. The creek that borders our property follows the water table and only for a short time in the spring has it been high enough to feed the marsh with water.

Last summer it was barely a trickle and farmers were pumping our of it for sweet corn irrigation — which added to the problem.

Filling the sink hole might help losing water after we get it, but it won’t solve the problem of getting it.

Could be a lot of work to fix it and no sure pay off.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed