Home Forums Online Lodge 2014

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Klobkilzduk 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Yu
    Participant

I am looking forward to getting 2013 behind me.

Farming sucked.

Dove season sucked.

Duck season sucked.

Deer season sucked.

Didn’t go pheasant hunting.

Failed to put in for my kid’s special elk hunt in Colorado.

Saw Kevin.

Saw Steve.

Did not see Perro.

Missed Thad’s birthday.

Flipped a truck.

Had to read about Mack Brown and Texas (couldn’t bear to watch it).

I am really looking forward to 2014.

I am going to start it off with some excellent goose hunts sans Steve.

littleponderosa
    Participant

I’m with ya. Had some good times, some ok and some that sucked.
    Good to meet Kevin and had a helluva time with him. Birds were ok, but I didn’t get enough scooter time in during the spring/summer/early fall and I miss the road.
    Hoping for a decent road trip sometime this coming year.

I might visit all ya’ll.

Tim, pheasants tomorrow and Wednesday. Cold weather played hell with the ducks/geese lately.

Bill

Thadp
    Participant

Birthday is not till the 22nd……..50th.

Lil P come on out to CA once the snow clears.

Duck hunting here sucks, not even averaging one bird per outing (Hunt), don’t get all nervous JC.

I think we need to get the band back together.

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

I am going to start it off with some excellent goose hunts sans Steve.

What this mean??

Yu
    Participant

means I am planning on it be a great goose season.

JC
    Participant

Yo Dirt Clods…..is far southern IL stil a honker hunting mecca? Man I had some good times there back in the 60’s. Shoot an AM limit at a commercial club and then head over to the (I think) Union County public hunt area for a PM limit. We stayed in (can’t remember town) at the Honker Hotel….real dump but we could get 6 guys n dogs in the room and they had a hell of a breakfast at 5:00am and great tiddy bar next door. Remember the time I could not make it to drive down w/ the boys so I took the Illinois Central RR that left Chicago’s Union Station…me and my dog in coach class w/ a bunch of hookers headed to Cairo to work the goose hunting gang.

Anonymous

It means you might as well have gone skiing.

Yu
    Participant

The geese have not gotten that far down in recent years JC. Carbondale used be awesome. Most of those goose club are gone now.

With the 20 year projection of colder, older, weather patterns, it may return. Central Illinois has been frozen since week after Thanksgiving (we broke ice Thanksgiving day).

The ducks were here for about 1 week. South now.

Geese are showing up in BIG numbers.

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

JC….Most of the old goose clubs are now either duck clubs, or closed. There’s still some around Marion….Grounds still has one. Burns is still going…..I think?? Union Co. has mostly transformed as well….ducks are the new game.

Yu is right…..This past weekend, there was definitely some inordinate amounts of honks that moved in/thru our area.

Yu….Steve was deer queerin at NM on Saturday and said he saw 4 bunches of migrators that afternoon. Shoulda spent our day there on Sunday.

And, I’m alright with the ducks being south of us. Better then 400,000 being just north and never makin it. The warm up this week will have that iceline moving back north. Them ducks will follow it like clockwork. It’s like they get dumb again when they show back up……usually beat their ass pretty good when this happens. I’m pumped. Be there this weekend, one way or another…..

duckdown1
    Participant

You would be surprised how many Mallards are still North of you guys. We are still putting the smack down on the Mallards. Its by far the best year we have had in a long time.

I’m surprised you guys have seen that many Honkers. We are killing them pretty good but reports I’m getting from Northern Illinois the majority are still North of us.

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

Not surprised in the least, DD. Not by any means….

JC
    Participant

In 1969 I was checked by a Fed GW in southern IL while goose hunting….detained for 4 hrs because he thought my bud and I were hiding geese over our possession limit(well we weren’t exactly hiding them, they were at the black mama’s old school bus pick’in shed). Anyway, it was the same Fed GW that checked me out in Saskatchewan the previous October and IL in November. 3 times at 3 locations hundreds of miles apart. The guy lived in Elgin, IL…..amazing!

Anonymous

There are no coincidences in the criminal law.

Thadp
    Participant

Cavity searched 3 times by the same warden! Dude it aint about the hunting.

Perro
    Participant

I’m torn. Didn’t have much work, but hell I never cared for the shit anyway. Got a new dog for my wife then I Lost a great dog. Chased deer for a month and never got a shot, then killed my biggest bull. Got to spend time with Kevin but couldn’t make the trip to see Yu. Been duck hunting 4 times and haven’t killed a duck. Not that I really care this year.

I guess it has all balanced out. And that maybe that is the way it should be.
    I’ll toast 2013 good bye and embrace 2014 with it’s good and bad with hope and faith.

dka
    Participant

Started out on the wrong foot w/Dad’s cancer coming back. Then lost son, Dad’s cancer in remission, fixed son’s house, tornado, fixed son’s house again, daughter got married on son’s b’day (pulled that off in 3wks.), daughter is pregnant(found out yesterday, healthy baby girl due mid April), made the Great American Road Trip, 5328.2 mi. Met with lots of great people, friends and family. Moved after 21 yrs. to sons place w/significant other (Sally, great gal.) Dad’s cancer is back again, more chemo started yesterday. Best of all, grandson is doing great. More handsome than his dad or Pappy. Just another day in paradise. Glad this one is bout over. Let’s get on w/ 2014. Best to all.

DU870
    Participant

Some of you guys have gone through a lot, sounds like 2013 will be a better year in the rear view mirror.

My 2013 was pretty good. My dog really came around and is figuring out hunting. I got to hunt in Sask and that was amazing. My wife and I are expecting our first kid, a healthy young me, that is what I am praying for anyway. I was able to get out after ducks and geese on a couple hunts. I shot a few but kind of wish I had more mallards in the freezer for bowl games and the playoffs. I shot a real nice buck during wisco rifle season, passed a lot of little bucks during bow season. We froze up way to early and our ducks moved out, especially wood ducks, they were gone in the blink of an eye. The job was good but it sounds like we will be let go in a couple months, new owner coming in so we will be on the Obama dollar. There are other jobs out there so I will get looking after the birth of my son. I got a free snow blower from my neighbor, needed a tune up and some work but sure beats shoveling all of this wisco snow.

Good luck to everyone and I hope things improve for you, if they need improving. 2014 is an even year and that should help us all out.

Perro
    Participant

This year ain’t done yet, wife’s car blew up today. SOB is paid for too. I can’t even get mad. I’ve had so much chit happen that I just shrug and go pifff what else you got?

dka
    Participant

Dang boy! I’ve got to get the Cherokee ready for my daughter next week. For sure, alternator. Check w/Jasper Motors dealers. Good deal usually with a good warranty.

Anonymous

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed