23 Executive Orders

Home Forums Online Lodge 23 Executive Orders

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Perro Perro 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Obama Signs 23 Executive Orders on Guns:

1. “Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.”

2. “Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.”

3. “Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.”

4. “Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.”

5. “Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.”

6. “Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.”

7. “Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.”

8. “Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).”

9. “Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.”

10. “Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.”

11. “Nominate an ATF director.”

12. “Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.”

13. “Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.”

14. “Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.”

15. “Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.”

16. “Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.”

17. “Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.”

18. “Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.”

19. “Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.”

20. “Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.”

21. “Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.”

22. “Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.”

23. “Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.”

——————————————————————————————————————

So — in the executive orders, nothing on bans.  Just a focus on the instant background checks we’ve been wanting for years?

As messed up as the media blitz over this is, this seems like typical Centrist Obama policy.  My prediction — We’ll get instant background checks in trade for no magazines over 10 rounds.

I will say this — no president in the past 20 years has done more to promote gun sales than Obama.  Fear sells guns, lots of them.  The NRA is having a run on memberships but I’d guess the 250,000 memberships they have picked up recently haven’t brought them back to pre-2008 numbers.

I seriously can’t even turn on a news station right now to hear any discussion about guns because it’s nothing more than a collection of extremists on both sides of the fence saying things so stupid I want to throw things at the TV.

Aussie05
    Participant

I’m for the background checks, but don’t see the purpose for high round clip control.  You can change a clip out in 2 seconds.

Aussie05
    Participant

Plus, when a person decides he’s going to kill a bunch of people I don’t think he’s going to abide by the restrictions anyway. So all it really does is make target practice in the back yard or at the range really annoying because your constantly changing out clips and reloading.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Aussie I couldn’t agree more.  I don’t think you can write any law of any sort that prevents that 1 in 330 million people in this country from going off the deep end and committing an unspeakable crime.

Evil will find a way to do evil things, regardless of the tools available.

Thadp
    Participant

Don’t forget that your medical records will now be stored electronicly.

DU870
    Participant

Yep, not one of those Ex orders will save lives. Niether will banning Assualt weapons or extended magazines. The left is jumping on this crisis to push thier agenda. No matter what they pass, sick people will still be amongst us and they will carry out thier evil.

I found #16 kind of scary. So now my doctor will be asking me about my guns?

wetduck
    Participant

most of what ob proposed is bs, he is going to have a giant uphill battle getting anything thru congress and the stuff they want to do trying to EX order is going to fail or blow up in the dems  faces and cause serious backlash at the next election.   The legal beagle will throw down over alot of todays  EO as violations of privacy not federal powers.

Todays net effect was more scare and greater hoarding.

more folks are killed annuall with claw hammers then rifle by several hundred

Perro
    Participant

Just because he asks doesn’t mean you have to answer. I think 16 and 17 were written because the shrink handling the Aurora shooter didn’t alert the police when he threatened to kill people.

The main point is B.O. looks proactive.

I’m more concerned that my governor will follow New York’s lead.

Yu
    Participant

‘typical Centrist Obama….’

I would type a laughy face about now but this site works about as well as ‘typical Centrist Obama…’ bs.

Kjnlog
    Participant

:P:

1Cup
    Participant

If I remember correctly, the Aurora shooter’s shrink did notify the campus police and they sat on it.

1Cup
    Participant

And 16 and 17 have been the state of law since the 70’s.  I can’t remember the name of the case, but it set up the ability of (ment) health care providers to notify law enforcement in case of legitmate threat to the public.

That list is mere pablum for the masses.

Kjnlog
    Participant

I agree. It’s all smoke and mirrors…

Perro
    Participant

I see that shrink is now getting sued by a parent of one of the teachers.

I read they want to stop or limit internet sales of firearms. Craig’s List already prohibits gun sales through them and other places like GunBroker.com, you can’t buy a gun unless you have a FFL or the sale goes through a shop with an FFL. Once there the gun is registered and (at least here in Co) I have too go through a back ground check before taking possession.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Yep.  Smoke and mirrors.

Many states have stiffer laws that whats in those 23 orders.

I’d try to debate my point about him being a centrist but it would be fruitless — as a Rockefeller Republican I’m considered sub-human slime to Reagan Democrats.

But I hold to my opinion that no President has sold more guns than Obama.  My friend was at Cabela’s today and said they were lined up at the gunroom and ammo was cleared off the shelves.  Not one box off .223, win 30-30 ammo on the shelves.  He said 500 and 1000 round boxes of .22 ammo were non-exisitent as well, except in 50 and 100 round boxes.

Perro
    Participant

Salesman of the year 4 years running. : lol:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed