A thought for my WFC "family".

Home Forums Online Lodge A thought for my WFC "family".

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Yu Yu 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Billygoatpete
    Participant

While it’s obvious to me that this place is only a skeleton of what it used to be, I thought I’d share a poem that I’ve been reading daily (and that I hope you all can find some meaning). Yes, parts of it were read in the ending of the movie “Act of Valor”, but my hope is that you can all find some truth in it.

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion;respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

- Chief Tecumseh

Best wishes to you all.

JP

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Respect is in short order these days — not just on the WFC forums.  It is the hardest thing to instill in children these days as they are constantly bombarded by blatant examples of disrespect.

I think internet anonymity played a major roll in this as well as the media.

Freedom of Speech is a wonderful thing but nowadays people choose to use that power as a conviction of hate against anyone who disagrees with them.

JC
    Participant

Ahhhhhh…..words well spoken by Chief Tecumseh and Spirit Man Webster. Take all scalps except your own. oooomchowwaaawaaa oooomchowwaaawaaa

Thadp
    Participant

Thank you  BGP  well said!

Billygoatpete
    Participant

Webbie,

As a father (who shared the birth of my child on these boards), I work every day to instill “respect” with my child (in fact, I have a little boy on the way, I just didn’t feel the need to share it on your generic boards).

I’m not defaming  this board, just stating the truth.

You have chosen a path, in which, this website attracts viewers directed by search engines for information. I don’t fault you for that, I’m just saying that the “change” has made me (and many others), distance ourselves from your vision.

No animosity here, you’ve just taken this place to a place that I have no interest in.

Best of luck,

BGP

JC
    Participant

Uhhhhhh…..give credit where credit is due…..Tecumseh said it, not BGP.

Billygoatpete
    Participant

Cunningham,

I love you like a crazy ol’ grandpa…………please stop stirring the pot.

This place is what it is, no “drama” is gonna save it.

You have my number, use it if you want to talk hunting.

JC
    Participant

BGP…..I’m a self-appointed lobbyist for Webbie and WFC. Kindly share your ideas, thoughts and vision on what I should lobby for to breathe new life into the Lodge so we may draw you and others back into the fold. Feel free to brainstorm! All ideas will be evaluated and you will be given honest and objective feedback. If all of us put on our thinking caps(Jason24, we’ll let you borrow one) and contribute to the roundtable discussion, I’m sure we can realize the light at the end of the tunnel. We need a volunteer Moderator…..Spacey? Others?

jasonmn24
    Participant

Keep me out of pot stirring B.S, JC

thanks….

JC
    Participant

“bubble bubble….into the cauldron on the double….it’s toil and trouble….into the cauldron….bubble bubble”

Cornbread
    Participant

way better speech given at medicine lodge if we honna start wuoring ndns

Yu
    Participant

my favorite Indian quote:

” F)*K Pakistan”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.