Canada Geese – no fliers, no spinners.

Home Forums Goose Hunting Canada Geese – no fliers, no spinners.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Webmaster Webmaster 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Keymaster

Outside of flagging geese that are a long way off, I’ve never had any luck using fliers in a Canada goose spread.  They even tend to shy away from the spread if there are duck spinners in it.

Maybe it’s just the smart locals here but limited decoy action seems to be the only thing that works.

What do you think is the best motion for Canada goose spreads?

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

Full bodies on stakes that waddle in the wind. Nuthin else.

duckdown1
    Participant

silo socks about 3 feet of the ground has worked well for us. Wing wavers also work well cause you can flag and it’s actually in the spread instead of coming from the hide.

Jon-Barta
    Participant

The little canadas eat up the silosock flyers.  This is the best time in my opinion for my state. Reverse migration of chickens.  Great big spread warm up for snows!!!

Webmaster
    Keymaster

I’m now on my second season of using the G&H weather vanes.  The “waddle” effect mixed through out the full-bodies really brings the spread to like — much in the way windsocks would do.

I remember when we fist started to use our layout blinds you didn’t even have to thatch them.  Now it seems the birds cautiously look for those boxy shapes since they’ve become so widespread in use.

Always gotta stay one step ahead :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed