Down to the Wire!

Home Forums Online Lodge Down to the Wire!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of JC JC 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    duckbag
    Participant

With only 9 days left in our season i will hunt 7 of them! Ducks are gonna die.

See ya on the darkside. And…. i will light my first fart in memory of the cop 

The redfish by the way was great, i’ll post pics when i get this deal a little more figgered

Perro
    Participant

Shoot em up! We got birds now, but not where I can get at them. Figures.

Dipper Dave
    Participant

hope your season ends well Lane!  Glad to hear the redfish was good.  Charlie pretty much made that one happen.

Aussie05
    Participant

I’m off till the end of the season but the birds are so scattered here I might only hunt 1 or 2 more times. Glad to hear you liked the redfish. Going to catch some more in the morning. If it wasnt so daMn expensive to ship I’d send you some more.  Guess you’ll have to come down one of these days and catch’em yourself.

Good luck the rest of the season. Hope you bang’em up good.

Swamp Gas
    Participant

How did u cook em Lane?

Be careful with fire.  I recomend at least a double filtration system to avoid accidents.  Make sure no polyester material is on exterior either.

duckbag
    Participant

Blackened with a litle compound herb butter on top and thanks for the advice

1Cup
    Participant

We actually had a decent shoot Sunday.  Not great, but good, but after a month of basically nothing it seemed great.

Might have been better but for the buffoons upstream of us got a 10 minute jump on legal with their shooting.

Retodd
    Participant

Should have called the Game Warden on the guys upstream.

I can’t wait leaving Wednesday morning. Jacob is raring to go Nachos ready to hump Cole. I am ready to just sit in the background and try to figure out who I am.

See you on the other side boys be careful getting there.

JC
    Participant

All of you guys have a great finish to your season. I’m wrapping it up Thurs-Sun. Slow the past couple weeks but we have a weather disturbance coming up so hopefully we can go out w/ a bang. Great meals planned….ribeyes, prawns, chops and my killer meatloaf w/ mushroom gravy. I got the bloody mary prep assignment after our AM hunts.

My hat is off to you 6-8 guys that had your TX/Okie hunt last week. Great group, all killer hunters and fun to be around. Keep it going and make it last for years to come. Who knows….you might turn your cheeks and even invite Crow to join you. Or spread your cheeks if he comes.

Retodd
    Participant

Probably our last big Ok. Hunt JC if we had that many guys again we would split it up. 5 hunt while the other 5 scout. Then you hunt what you scouted or vice versa.

We were burning 2 fields a day the way we did it then scouting 2 to 3 hours a day. Don’t get me wrong if was a blast but at times was a cluster. We have been talking about the same guys coming back in groups of two or three or solo. Aloft easier to manage.

Crow won’t come he is selling all his stuff. Besides its not as hard to yell bang bang bang at flocks of 60 mallards.

JC
    Participant

Back when we had our group of 7-8 hunters in Canada we spent Sunday(not allowed to hunt Sundays at the time) divided into 3 groups to scout all day. We had topo, road and propery owner maps. At the end of the day we shared note and from there made our daily plans. We did not have to re-scout the marshes/lakes for ducks, they would be there all the time. But we did need to scout in the late PM for the goose concentration fields for our next morning’s hunt and alot of the time we already had landowner permission from our Sunday scouting foray.

For the field goose hunts we always split into 2 groups at 2 different locations and same for ducks unless the lake/marsh was big enough for all 7-8 of us. I remember a # of PM duck hunts where 8 guys stacked 8 ducks for a team total 64 for the day. That’s a killer hunt especailly if the take is almost all big birds.

Retodd
    Participant

Had a couple of evening hunts in Ok. Field hunting is a different deal you have to be on the X as you know. One evening we were in an unharvested milo field with a 40mph. Wind at our backs. 50 bird flocks coming in on the deck. Pretty cool sight.

jasonmn24
    Participant

good luck.

Swamp Gas
    Participant

Hope y’all stack em.

JC
    Participant

Rack’em, whack’em and stack’em…….cut’em all Jack!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed