Gotta Love A Good Dog

Home Forums Online Lodge Gotta Love A Good Dog

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DU870 DU870 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of littleponderosa
    littleponderosa
    Participant

For all my friends who have lost a good friend this year, and all who remember their faithful canine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/19/strangers-rally-to-help-blind-man-keep-his-guide-dog.html

I doubt I’ve done the link correctly. Read the story and smile.

Bill

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

Going to the pound this am. Friend called yesterday and they got a male blk. lab, approx. 2 that according to him, pretty good working dog.

Profile photo of littleponderosa
    littleponderosa
    Participant

Good of ya Kevin.

Hope he is what ya want – lotsa dogs don’t deserve the poor owners they have.

Bill

Profile photo of Dirt Clods Die Too
    Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

If my dog could log on here, she’d agree with ya, Bill!! LOL!!!

She actually quit loggin on cause of the slow site speed…..same as Carpy. She’s a lot like carpy in a lot of ways….Deserving a beating not being one of them….

Profile photo of Yu
    Yu
    Participant

They share that itchy butt issue as well.

Profile photo of Dirt Clods Die Too
    Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

Worms….

Profile photo of 1Cup
    Anonymous

But one licks its genitals a lot more than the other.

Profile photo of Chris Fuge
    Chris Fuge
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that special link!

Profile photo of Thadp
    Thadp
    Participant

Bhahahhha!

Profile photo of Thadp
    Thadp
    Participant

Time to resurrect the riding the lightening thread.

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

Ended up signing up for a blk. fem. Have to wait for stitches removed from where collar had wrapped under front leg and had to be sewn up. Good temperment and nice manners. Should make an easy dog to work with. Not to big, 60#. Should be able to get her in a day or two.

Profile photo of Yu
    Yu
    Participant

Kevin, I know you to be a decent man.

I also know that your experience with the last dog weren’t…fantastic.

Please be patient, Please put the time in that is needed to bond and work with any dog well.

Just saying.

Profile photo of JC
    JC
    Participant

Make arrangements w/ Cornbread for him to take dog for 6 mos and make something out of her.

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

This one will be by my side from the get go. It has been awhile since I’ve worked dogs, but kinda like riding a bike, some things Yu don’t forget.

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

Looks like it will be toward the end of the week before I can pick her up. Wound opened back up on the front leg, right at the joint and the chest. Check in later.

Profile photo of Kjnlog
    Kjnlog
    Participant

Kevin just how did the “wound” get there again?

Profile photo of dka
    dka
    Participant

They rescued her. Leg was hung between her collar and chain. Laid the muscle open right at the joint of her left leg/chest area.

Profile photo of DU870
    DU870
    Participant

My dog wasn’t a ‘rescue’ dog per se but her first owner was a real A hole. When we got her, she was scared to death of men and about everything really. It is amazing what time, affection and caring will do for a lab. My girl has done a 180 and is now a pretty good hunting dog. She will never be a trial dog or do 200 yard blinds retrieves but she hunts hard, protects the house and her ‘mom’ ( my wife) like no other and has kind of grown to like other people but still doesn’t trust anyone but my wife and I.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed