How was yours?

Home Forums Online Lodge How was yours?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of JC JC 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dka
    Participant

Reelfoot was fair to middlin this year. Just didn’t get a big push this year. Was talking to friend between Stuttgart and Pine Bluff the last week of season. Ark. Fish & Game bird count for that week in his area was 400K. Same time last year, 1.4 million.

1Cup
    Participant

Mucho sucko.

Way too dry and warm, followed by a negative number cold snap.

The warm and dry concentrated too many yahoos in too few spots, and the warm followed by extreme cold pushed the birds right past us.

I doubt we harvested even 25% of our normal.

Thadp
    Participant

Worst season ever from a harvest perspective.  Birds just never arrived and the weather was mild and dry for most of the season.

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

Still shootin’em good here……I’ll let you know when you I stop.

littleponderosa
    Participant

Late season got real good, early and mid were just tough.  No snow cover, too many feeding choices – ususally too dam close.

Ended up with 5 days of snows in SD — got the MI copper for 4 of ‘em.

Bill

JC
    Participant

Fair! 60% of what I normally get on ducks and el sucko on the specs….average 15-20 yr and last yr got a grand total of 2. No wind, too many days w/ mirror water on the rice ponds and no moisture/fog to speak of.

We just finished our 2nd annual 5-day conservation goose hunt and I fugged-up by not going last weekend. My buds smashed the specs n snows. For next yr gonna haul my 300+ snow n spec dekes home from Canada and put out a JC power spread in the rice mud.

duckbag
    Participant

With a little scouting and putting the miles on the Ford we smashed their asses this year. ifin you wanna kill duck you gotta be ready to put your layouts in the cow pasture and shoot them suckers in the shit! loved the dry land duckin this year!

JC
    Participant

DB….you now known as the Cowpaddy Kid. Hope you washed your hands and your azz afterwards before hand’lin the chow at the diner.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed