Is WFC still alive?

Home Forums Online Lodge Is WFC still alive?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Swamp Gas 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Whiskey Tango 101
    Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve been around. Hello all. Cruised around the site and I saw a few familiar names from the past. Looks like there is some traffic. Whats going on?

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Off season is is full swing for most. JC had the worst season of his duck hunting life and it’s been reported that he has checked into one of those fancy California rehab centers to deal with his withdrawal.

Not surprisingly, he’s been hallucinating and keeps mumbling about nurses, Raquel Welch and something about an Island and Ginger.

Yu
    Participant

JC was all about Mrs. Howe.

He always wanted to be a Thurston and Lovey is about his age.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

So what do they call senior ladies? Snow Leopards?

DU870
    Participant

JC had to be sedated. Apparently he was running around the nursing home grabbing the nurses and asking where they put his duck calls.

Yu
    Participant

DU, you misspelled the call JC was searching for.

Swamp Gas
    Participant

Always dreamt of Jeanie myself. But if I was on the island and knew id get off I’d pick Lovie before Ginger & Marianne. If I was destined to stay Marianne it would be.

Whiskey Tango 101
    Participant

You guys so phunny…………………….

JC
    Participant

It’s been the curse of Dirty Feet. That’s why our season was so bad. I told the guys not to evict her from the shed out back. She’s been our lucky charm for years. Sure she stunk, reeked of alcohol, cigarettes and crotch odor and was gagging unsightly w/ her rotted and blackened teeth, bleeding sores and scabs from meth overdoses causing schizophrania, and those god awful grungy feet covered in fungi and 3″ toenails. But God Bless ol Dirty Feet….she was the Duck Goddess!

Anonymous

Whats up WT101? Long time our paths not crossed!

Y’all havin a spring DU party this year?

Marty

This place sure ain’t what we used to have!
    Has anyone heard from dukduster? 870kid? Pondscum? cyberteal (if I remember correctly)? Marshman? and what was Jerry’s handle down there in La? I’ll remember it – like I remembered all the fun we had on this site… even after the season closed!

I’m around folks Just getting too old to do much anymore.

Michael

Whiskey Tango 101
    Participant

Well, I was contacted by Jason (Jason who, I do not know) for some information and stopped by. Nothing up here, just working and living. Having thoughts of getting organized for the upcoming waterfowl season.

Seems to me the activity on the few waterfowl related internet sites isn’t what it used to be. Wonder were the old crew is and what their up to??

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Whiskey,

Facebook / social media has exponentially consumed online participation time.

The advantage Waterfowler.com still offers over social media is an opportunity to meet folks outside your small cycle of friends and develop new ones.

On FB — I see all the old WFC Old Timers, who met and have become life long friends because of the diversity we offer.

Thankfully, during the season most get sick of the fear-mongering news media that makes your blood boil (and poisons Facebook walls) and they return to their happy place — duck hunting and Waterfowler.com

~ webby

Thadp
    Participant

Some of the old timers still check in from time to time.

dka
    Participant

Agree w/webbie, there is nothing productive about FB. Place where people who can’t communicate one on one spew crap and expect nothing to come from it. Had a personal experience recently along those lines. I made it a point to visit this particular individual face to face. I put an end to their BS. If they are typing, it is with a pencil. LOL.

littleponderosa
    Participant

nice work bro. i be calling.
    Bill

Yu
    Participant

Bill are you any better?

Healthy enough for a road trip?

If so, go west. Stay the hell away from down here. Don’t bring no Cajun mofo with you. The boys here hated it the last time you were here and the ducks went to Kansas.

In fact, it was so bad some dude broke his thumb up his own arse; and it weren’t that stupid hillbilly from Johnson County.

duckdown1
    Participant

still here kind of………..sometimes……..maybe……………

Swamp Gas
    Participant

Swamp Gas
    Participant
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed