Late Season Geese

Home Forums Online Lodge Late Season Geese

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  K W 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Thadp
    Participant

Our season opens tomorrow, no electric callers, still need a plug in your gun and the limit is only 25…..guess I’ll go out any way and kill some geese. F&W has seen to give us an entire 5 day season.

dka
    Participant

We go through the 2nd weekend of March. First year to use e-callers. 600 decoys should get their attention.

DU870
    Participant

We get nada. We have special geese in Wisconsin and can’t kill them past the normal season. I drove by a field on Friday holding hundreds of honkers and green heads. They seem to like the cold and snow.

dka
    Participant

Limits are just a number. As far as the local farmers are concerned, you don’t pick them up, they don’t count. Helps on their fertilizer bill.

littleponderosa
    Participant

Damn, I’m thinking of blowing off this years snow goose hunt. Then you fellas up and post. Now I’m once again questioning my decision. Aw, only time will tell.
    Bill

Thadp
    Participant

The snows all headed back north we had to make do with the Specks.

dka
    Participant

The weather here the last week has pushed nearly all of the geese back south. Supposed to be in the 40’s starting this weekend. Hopefully this is winters last gasp! That will bring them back north in droves. 3 weeks ago, there were probably half a million around Reelfoot, last weekend, maybe 10K. The dumb ones.

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

We are waiting patiently for the weather to break….everything is loaded and ready to go, just waiting on Mother Nature…

Yu
    Participant

What’s a “snow goose”?

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

I’m not sure……but DKA’s got 600 white milk jugs and half tires in a field waitin for ’em!!!

LOL!!!

dka
    Participant

Naw, its cheaper to go to the thrift store get the plain white ones and a can of black spray paint and some old welding rods that got damp. No marking on the thrift store bags. They get them from the mfg. (seconds) for free. LOL!

Yu
    Participant

I am thinking 10-17 Stevie if you can make it for 1.

Not deer queer strong but the after hunt is fun.

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

Let me know……I got 1 in me. Apparently yesterday was decent.

Making sausage tomorrow…. Sposed to be sunny and windy in the morning, changing to clouds and $Hit in the afternoon. Might be a decent morning shoot….

K W
    Participant

They are still down here. I hope they leave soon so I can get to fishing.

Attachments:
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed