Question Webbie

Home Forums Online Lodge Question Webbie

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of JC JC 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Perro
    Participant

On the migration map, it shows the central flyway, which is great if you live there. Is there a map for the other flyways?. Signed puzzled in Co.

Yu
    Participant

Perro,

the majority of the 20 members of WFC live in the central flyway, hence the map.

JC does not need a map; he needs a nap.

There are no members anymore on the Atlantic flyway.

The Mississippi boys know where the ducks are.

You are SOL boy.

Kjnlog
    Participant

:mrgreen:

Webmaster
    Keymaster

The Migration alert map zooms in and out.   The hunting reports map, that links to all state reports shows the entire US.

I know Yu would like to think he’s the only person that visits WFC but WFC is more than the Lodge.  Yesterday alone we had 7,079 visitors who viewed 188,643 pages — and that’s a pretty slow day for January.

On top of that we haven’t even done an email blast to announce the FREE hunting reports yet to our email list of 78,000 active addresses.  We wanted to debug first before we brought that kind of volume down on the server.

JC
    Participant

JC doesn’t need a map, he needs a nap……hardy-har-har…..good one!

Webmaster
    Keymaster

JC — when you gonna upload an avatar so we can start the new VFE programming?  We need your mug in there.

Yu
    Participant

You have it all wrong weebie.

I wish more people were here like the old days.

Martin Sheppard, Poto, Ole, etc.

Not so much Spacey or Scott though.

I am not big fan of the new format either but I am determined to outlive Cornbread. At the rate he is throwing body parts I think I need only make three or more laps.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Well, maybe now that it’s free a few will wander back. We’ll see after we do the mega email blast.

Just letting traffic trickle in for now.

Yu
    Participant

That free thing has to suck.

I know, more people + more advertising clicks, yada yada yada but come on,

there is no such thing as free luch

unless you vote for the Big O.

wink wink

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Actually on the free thing everything scales.  It’s basically a cost per acquisition vs lifetime value issue.  In the case of membership — if we spend $15 to get $19.95 and net $4 are there better ways to net $4 on five times the number of people — yes.

More so — if you as a member spend $19 for content, would you be happier with $29 for a sweatshirt and more activity if it does the same for us.   We think so — swag is good.

I’d always held that bigger was better and the the mag should have cost but the web should have always been free.   Now we are where I wanted it all along.

Just had to wait for advertisers to actually place real value on web marketing.

Aussie05
    Participant

How many paying members did yall have webbie?   I didn’t mind paying the $20. Was supposed to re-up a week ago so looks like perfect timing to go free.  Sucks for those who just payed up a month ago. :lol:

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Well we’re still going to offer membership things and a way to support us.  Just waiting on the final details so we can post them.   We plan to keep those that want to support with a membership donation very happy.

It’s no going away.  Just won’t be for hunting report content.

Yu
    Participant

I did like the State links to the various DNRs

I used that more than the delete button on my responses to Spacey.

Perro
    Participant

Hey Yu, did you get my last pm on elk points before webbie threw this new ball into the monkey cage?

JC
    Participant

Mastuh Webster……I’ll work on duh mug shot as soon as I can free-up some time from my job….yes, I really do have a job, a very important job to hordes of sales executives across our great land. When silver tongue Johnny calls their ears perk-up and I have their immediate attention as I whisper in their ear “better deal–better deal” w/ my ever so sexy monotone.

Perro
    Participant

I see JC as the Berry White of headhunters. Not sure if I’ll ever be able to erase that visual.

Kjnlog
    Participant

:lol:

JC
    Participant

Good thing I do all my work over the phone and people don’t have to see or know how freak’in old I am. Actually, on occasion when someone does find out how old I am they’re shocked…..they thought I was like 40. Again, must be my sexy monotone and baritone voice inflection. Gottdamm, I’m good!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed