Too hot for January

Home Forums Online Lodge Too hot for January

This topic contains 26 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Aussie05 Aussie05 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Aussie05
    Participant

Just left Naples, FL and it hit 86*.  I like warm weather but thats just ridiculous for this time of year. Glad to be headed back norf.

Also pumped for the first bass fishing trip of the year. Headed to Rayburn for a couple days this weekend. Water temps were already in the lower 60’s last week and the bite was on fire. Should be spawning soon if they arent already. Time to rip some lips.

Aussie05
    Participant

Oh, this is also the time of year I say my goodbyes to Click until early teal season rolls back around. He’ll go into spring cleaning mode then hibernate the rest of the summer.

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

You guys got it made during the winter…….In the summer maybe not so much.

JC
    Participant

Figured Click n Aussie might get an invite from Crow to join his Mounters Only saltwater fishing team aboard Crow’s new boat “duh Nigga Hater”. But Crow would be the Captain and you don’t dare question the Captain’s orders on the hi-seas so I guess they’ll take a pass.

Aussie05
    Participant

It can get pretty Xtreme down here in SETX.

MACHINE
    Participant

you still doing dollar general ??

Aussie05
    Participant

Yep.  June will be 11 years.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Was 60 degrees here in northern Illinois today.  Lots of rain that might even run off into the bone dry swamp.

Can’t say I’m missing the typical below zero weather but this just don’t seem right.

Thadp
    Participant

60’s here too.

Swamp Gas
    Participant

A balmy 36 here today.  We’re gonna get slapped hard in a couple days though.

MACHINE
    Participant

you doing any store in se Okla ??

Aussie05
    Participant

Havent seen any on the schedule yet but we do work in that area.  I know we have somewhere around 117 DGs to do in Feb but I havent seen the list yet.  I start in Cali on the 8th doing some DG Markets, but after that I’m not sure.

Aussie05
    Participant

Y’alls bite on fire up there too?

dka
    Participant

You should have let me know you were headed to Naples. Have several friends there. One in particular has one heck of a grouper hole not far out from there. He sent me a pic of one he caught there about 2 weeks after my last trip there, 142#. Monster.

littleponderosa
    Participant

In a cool mode now — a balmy +1F when I came in @ 0615.  Wind chill just sucks though.   Wanted to go p-dogging this weekend for a red mist/snow observation session, weather might not cooperate.

Bill

Aussie05
    Participant

Not that big on offshore fishing Kevin. Wouldnt have had time anyway.

Saw on the news this morning that yall were getting blasted by a northern, Bill.  Hoping it stalls north of us so it don’t mess the bite up.

DU870
    Participant

We had a high of 57 on Tuesday, tomorrow will be a high of 5 and a low -8. Crazy weather! The good news is we are getting rain and snow- water for our ducks!

Canman Omaddie
    Participant

15 now. high of -3 tomorrow, Low -15 starting to get a bit sick of the cold.

Dipper Dave
    Participant

Poured a concrete foundation yesterday while it was in the 30’s.  cant strip forms until monday since the cold is coming back.  hopefully start waterproofing on tuesday

I’m back in work mode, which sucks.  this cold can go anyday

Aussie05
    Participant

Looks like we dodged it for the most part. Lows in the mid 40’s and highs in the mid 60’s this weekend.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed