Walleye on the river

Home Forums Online Lodge Walleye on the river

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of JC JC 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    DU870
    Participant

Fished the Wisconsin river on Sunday, launched the boat at 12:30 and by 5:00pm we had caught 50+ walleye with 9 keepers. To keep fish they have to be 15-20 inches. Most fish were 18-9.75 inches. One of the better days we have had on this stretch of river. Caught a couple nice sturgeon and I lost a nice walleye about 5 feet from the boat. I am guessing she was 23-25 inches.

Also had big flocks of green heads going up and down the river with the occasional golden eye and merg. The eagles came out around 4 and put on a good aerial show for us. Of course I forgot the camera and as the pair of bald eagles came over 20 foot high, I really wish I would have had it. But you know how it goes, if you have the camera with you, you will get skunked and not see anything that is worthy of taking a picture. I will try and get some pictures posted up.

JC
    Participant

Cool! Here’s a sleeper river…..the Shiocton River between Shiocton and Bear Creek. Little pressure and loadeed w/ keeper eyes. Tell em Jack sent ya!

Canman Omaddie
    Participant

Nice!! jealous!!!

i have about 3-4 weeks to wait for good river fishing. Boat will be ready in 2

DU870
    Participant

How do I upload a pic from my desktop?

littleponderosa
    Participant

Just had a dumbass fall thru the ice on the Yellowstone while fishing for wallies and sauger.  He didn’t come out alive.  I still have at least 4 weeks before ice breaks, maybe 6.

Congrats on a good day.

Bill

1Cup
    Participant

Dang Bill.  That’s almost as dumb as running into a barn.

Got the drift boat ready?

littleponderosa
    Participant

You just drive your ass up here counselor and I’ll take ya out for some browns and bows.

Drift boat is all good, if’n ya wanna make some distance and spin fish more than fly, the jet boat is also ready.

The browns be close/on the spawn, fishing is good.

Not enough open water yet for the Yellowstone even at the confluence – walleyes, sauger, smallies in 4-6 weeks probably. 

Bill

DU870
    Participant

Thanks, This river can be good but it seems we have more bad days than good days. We enjoy the moment when we hammer them.

JC
    Participant

Hit the Castle Rock/Petenwell flowage area. Other good spots are below the dam and RR bridge just south of Necedah. White jig w/ pink hair is a killuh. Great tavern in Dellwood/Monroe Center. Outstanding fish fry on Fri nite and fantastic cheeseburgers all week long. And as usual…..tell em Jack sent ya!

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

had a co-worker go thru the ice here last weekend. He didnt make it either….

DU870
    Participant

Here’s the pics of the walleyes.

JC- Thanks for the tips on those rivers. I think I have fished many of them over the years.

Attachments:
    1. walley1

walley1.jpg

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Nice.  Thanks for testing the attachments.  Seems to be working perfectly.

JC
    Participant

What a weird pic…..one walleye alongside 6 smelt.

DU870
    Participant

Smelt! Those walleyes are all 15+ with the biggest at 19.75. There is a slot of 15-20 to keep. You would be amazed at how many 14.75 inch walleyes you catch!

Canman Omaddie
    Participant

those are not all Walleyes.

I see 3 saugers :-)

DU870
    Participant

haha, yea there were saugers in there. They fry up like walleye :)

JC
    Participant

C’mon DU, get w/ the program! Put those 14.75’ers on the rack and stretch’em to 16″. If ya wanna get the big boys locate the shallow creeks where they are spawning and get out the long handled salmon net.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed