What would you do?

Home Forums Online Lodge What would you do?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of duckdown1 duckdown1 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Clickster
    Participant

I sold my ATV to my sister in laws husband and with the stipulation that he pay me 5500 dollars.  That was two years ago and was to be paid off within a year and a half.. The deal was to pay me a sum every other months till its payed off. Well its not getting payed he still owes me almost 2000.  Now my sister in law found out hes cheating on her and they are splitting up and getting a devorice. What do i need to do? Do i contact him and tell him look we need to settle up on this bike before i never see you again. Thing is i’m pretty sure he dont have the cash  or go repo it and tell him he can have it back when hes paid in full. I still have the title cause that was the deal when its paid in full he would get the title. Just not sure what to do exactly. And no we have nothing in paper because its family. My lesson is learned never sell anything to family without a full payment up front.

iluvlabs
    Participant

That last sentence is spot on.

My advice would be to tell him its either the money or the quad. If he don’t pay, go pick it up. Nothing he can do about it.

Yu
    Participant

Do you owe him for hitting his wife?

Clickster
    Participant

I never hit his wife thats my sister in law. felt her tits though. in a medical way.

Dirt Clods Die Too
    Participant

Dude….The 4wheeler is yours.  You got the title.  He ain’t paid.  I doubt he’s gonna even argue that much on account of all the other ShIT he’s likely arguin about.

And you call yourself a “Card Carryin Killer”???!!!  HA!  LOL!!

Aussie05
    Participant

Yep…..tell him your coming by to either pick up the bike or the $2000.  If you get the bike back just resell it except to a responsible adult this time that pays cash or gets a loan front from a bank so its their problem if they don’t pay.  Don’t tell him your just holding on to it until he can come up with the money.  That wont work. Just think of it as a repo.

Kjnlog
    Participant

Cash or the bike. Real simple dude. He ain’t gunna pay ya.

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

Just go get it.  Real simple.

Clickster
    Participant

Should i wait a bit or do it right now while they are still freshly split. they just split last night. Shes at the lawyers now signing paperwork to get the process started. I have nothing aginst the guy he has haelped me alot so i dont want to be a dick about it. When i need things he help me so i want to go about this cool as possible.

Aussie05
    Participant

Might as well do it now since he’s probably about to be moving the thing. You might be doing him a favor by taking it off his hands so he don’t have to find a place to put it. Probably not much room for a 4 wheeler at the tiny one room apartment he’s about to be living in.

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

If you got the title…tell him you want the cash. Hate to kick a guy when hes down but hey, life is a bitch sometimes, Jack.

Swamp Gas
    Participant

Grab the atv.

Klobkilzduk
    Participant

^^^^

I had the same situation with a woman not long back. The Urbandale cop told me the same thing……

DU870
    Participant

Be cool, be level headed and explain to him his options. Quad or $2000.

JC
    Participant

Click, I remember you telling me that this guy was one badass dude you don’t fuk with. Give Aussie $100 and send him after the bike and another $100 when he brings it back.

Perro
    Participant

Punch him in the throat and kick him in the knee.

JC
    Participant

Click, if Chawlee gets squeamish bout doing this, here’s another idea.

Call Crow and tell him although the two of you have not been seeing eye-to-eye lately you need a really-really big favor from him. Your truck is broken down and you need him to go pickup your ATV. Tell Crow you’ll give him $20 for gas and draw him a map of your favorite duck hunting spot. Tell him the dude lives in the hood so he should pack his Bushmaster rifle and .250 cal pistol.

So, Crow goes, gets in a scuffle w/ the guy and Crow does him in. End result: the dude is out of your SIL’s life; Crow gets sent to the West Tex pen; and you get your ATV back. Pretty slick idea, eh? That’s killing 3 birds with one stone!

Webmaster
    Keymaster

I think now is the time to get paperwork — which you can do without being deemed a d-bag if they work things out.

Draw up a note on the financing and just say, “I just need this signed in case things get ugly in the split.”

If he stops paying you can go nab it from him because it’s in default at a later date.  Just use the situation to get the paperwork you didn’t have before.

Canman Omaddie
    Participant

confront him and by all means…………….Bring a video camera and post it on WFC

duckdown1
    Participant

Should have gave him the title and put a lien on it. Right now if something happen while on it you have some responsibility cause its in your name.

Family is never fun to deal with in these situations always have to protect yourself.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.